The fact that this skirt belonged to my mom made me think of dressing it up in a way that I imagined she would have in the 90s. I got my pearl earrings and bracelets as well as a pair of wedge sandals, perfect for the warm sunny weather of Johannesburg, and puffed out my afro, just like my mom would've.
What I love about this skirt, apart from the fact that it's high waist and appropriate for all the formal things in life, is that it's made of really soft wool so it screams comfort! I'm not a big fan of skirts (and dresses) so it means a lot when I obsess over one. I love to dress up every once in a while and after I put this look together, I felt ready to walk out of the house and be my unusual semi-formal self.
sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone is one of those things you need to do, to give you a push in the right direction and help you discover more of yourself in terms of personal style. Try something you never thought you ever would and maybe you might just like it.
Top: Mr Price
Shoes: Clarks



No comments:
Post a Comment