Monday, 20 October 2014

SA Fashion Week

SA Fashion Week, for me, was about new discoveries. I fell in love with new designers, discovered some new cool trends that I'm dying to try out and I fell in love with some of my favourite designers all over again. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this amazing event and that's why I am so thankful for the internet! Here's a quick round-up of my 6 favourites from Fashion Week:

October 15th

Gert Johan: One of my ultimate favourite local designers! Gert's collection theme was based on HIV awareness. Some of the prints on the garments were enlarged images of the virus under a microscope. 

Tweeted by: @CosmopolitanSA

Tweeted by: @GRAZIASAmag

Tweeted by: @GRAZIASAmag
This print is the virus under a microscope

Tweeted by: @safashionweek

Black by Black Coffee: Designer Jacques van der Watt's Figment collection was inspired by the works of Belgian surrealist artist, RenĂ© Margritte. Jacques used bold and dreamy prints which were teamed up with some stunning accessories that were created in collaboration with the Ekurhuleni community. 

Tweeted by: @fashatitsfall

Tweeted by: @ChrisVMerwe

Tweeted by: @ChrisVMerwe

Tweeted by: @ChrisVMerwe

Tweeted by: @ChrisVMerwe

Wake: Winner of Renault's New Talent Search. I feel that their collection was relaxed and 'rooted', considering the colours and use of animal hide and organic prints.

Tweeted by: @EmilieGambade

Tweeted by: @People_SA

Tweeted by: @ELLEmagazineSA

Tweeted by:Cosmopolitan SA

October 17th:

Erre: (Pronounced "Air") is the new kid on the block and they totally won my heart with their all black collection. Their thick scarves and detailed garments were absolutely enough to get me ready for next year's cold season. Absolutely stunning!

Tweeted by: @Style_SA

Tweeted by: @EdgarsFashion

Tweeted by: @GRAZIASAmag

Kat Van Duinen: Another all black collection! From the feathers and fur to the beading and sequins. Each item  and accessory incorporated in this collection didn't draw attention away from the clothes themselves and I loved the soft touches, like the lace on some items to keep the looks chic.

Tweeted by: @GRAZIASAmag

Tweeted by: @ELLEmagazineSA

Tweeted by: @alexischaffe

October 19th:

Rubicon Clothing: My love! For the modern day woman, for the every day woman. Rubicon is just... life itself when it comes to women and clothes. This collection was one of the few that had me lost for words.

Tweeted by: @safashionweek

Tweeted by: @safashionweek

Tweeted by: @safashionweek

Tweeted by: @safashionweek

Tweeted by: @Style_SA






No comments:

Post a Comment